Covid XBB 1.16 variant might lead new wave in India: Know symptoms, treatment, number of cases
Three years after its initial detection in the country, the Covid pandemic is finally subsiding in India. After three waves of the Covid pandemic left the country panicked, it is likely that a new descendant of the Covid XBB variant might cause a new wave in the country.
A fast-spreading variant of the Covid XBB type – XBB1.16 – has now been detected in several countries and is likely to be the cause behind the slow yet gradual spike in the number of Covid cases in India over the last few weeks, while the influenza virus is also on the rise.
As per TOI reports, an international Covid tracking platform has noted that the highest number of cases of the Covid XBB 1.16 virus has been detected in India. The total number of cases in India is currently 48, while the cases in the United States and Singapore remain under 20.
This new descendent of the Covid XBB virus has seen a sudden jump in India, along with three other countries over the last few weeks. Experts believe that if proper precaution is not exercised, it can lead to a new Covid wave in the country.
As quoted by TOI, a top genome expert said, “In India, XBB.1.16 is showing a high prevalence in the state of Maharashtra and Gujarat, as per covSPECTRUM. XBB.1.16 has not descended from XBB 1.15, but both have descended from the recombinant ancestor XBB.”
The most number of the Covid XBB 1.16 cases in India have emerged from Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, and Gujarat. Here is all you need to know about its symptoms and treatment so that it doesn’t lead to a severe Covid wave in India.
Covid XBB 1.16 symptoms, treatment
As of now, there is little to no difference between the symptoms of Covid XBB 1.16 and XBB 1.15. The symptoms of this variant include fever, sore throat, cold, headache, body aches, and fatigue. It also might impact your digestive system and respiratory system.
When it comes to treatment, it is expected to be controlled by paracetamol and Vitamin supplements, only after consulting a doctor regarding the same.
READ | India logs over 500 Covid-19 cases for the first time in 114 days
- He strove to peer about him, but the feeble ray of the
- chaplain had not spoken. Mindful of Sylvia’s last words,
- semi-drunken astonishment, that it was not yet empty. He
- to his head. “Of course — I am stupid,” said he.
- the leadership of each to men whom he believed that he
- love like mine! Away gross materialism, in which I have
- “You can go back in the Lady Franklin if you like, my
- and rendered into dust, be blown about the earth; to die
- that she might honestly give him the answer that he demanded.
- the grumbling of thunder, the falling of rain, and the
- “Sarah!” he burst out, “I never meant to desert you.
- you have anything to say! Of what do you accuse my husband?”
- For three weeks Hanson had remained. During this time he
- to meet me this evening at the prison, tells me that the
- rapid motion of his arm overturned the candle, and all
- one sup in payment of his courtesy — for Gimblett was
- a short time we were surrounded by a large group of the
- man was tearing a strip from his blanket. “I think this
- who was not without his good points. “You know what authority
- of everything, and slip over to America. Then you can endow
- but he had not been as idle as he appeared to have been.
- goes in twelve days, madam, and there is one cabin vacant.”
- again into the bondage from whence I had escaped. I thought
- The ominous calm which had brooded over the island during
- end of the apartment. A steady stream of dirty water was
- and begged to be sent back to Hobart Town. “I cannot
- “Yes, you fool, but I didn’t order you to keep the
- The sound of his echoing footsteps had scarcely died away,
- wooden steps. He drew himself closely to these, and directed
- the restraining presence of a stranger. Frere started,
- “I do not wish to think of him,” said she, with a shudder.
- that he had refused to accept the prohibition, and by a
- He paused for a moment, hoping to be able to lower the
- “Of imposture!” cried Lady Devine, all her outraged
- “Hullo! hullo!” said John Rex. “Since when have you
- conscious of his own weakness in the matter of strong waters
- and was clear of the oily water, now, and upon a sort of
- “I was dreaming,” said Rufus Dawes. “A terrible dream!
- teeth chattered with cold. Perhaps this was the reason
- Along the south coast of the Australian continent, though
- possessed for him. So it came that his was a familiar figure
- “Hate you!” said North, with trembling lips. “Oh,
- “I will not receive her!” cried Lady Devine, rising
- path he had undertaken to tread. Yet the deceit he was
- The people here live chiefly on shell-fish and potatoes.
- I do not know,” she continued, with heat. “I have traced
- brought again to his mind the recollection of the task
- unless, indeed, you are married already?” she added,
- skin, how he had passed the night. He seemed perfectly
- times more drunk than the toper, who, incoherently stammering,