Delhi liquor 'scam': Manish Sisodia to be lodged in Tihar Jail no 1
Former Delhi deputy chief minister Manish Sisodia will be lodged in central jail number-1 of Tihar Prison here after a court remanded him to judicial custody till March 20 in connection with the excise policy case, according to officials.
Sisodia was produced before special judge M K Nagpal earlier on Monday on the expiry of his seven-day custodial interrogation. The CBI told the court that it did not require the custody of the senior Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader for now.
A jail official said Sisodia was brought to Tihar following the court order and he will be lodged in jail number-1 after the completion of the due formalities.
Meanwhile, the AAP said the CBI had no grounds to seek Sisodia's further interrogation in the excise policy case.
"There was no hearing on his bail plea. The court had to consider two options -- either send him to judicial custody or extend his police custody. The CBI had no questions, no grounds to seek his interrogation. They have no documentary evidence," AAP national spokesperson Saurabh Bharadwaj claimed.
Attacking the BJP, he said its spokespersons have been alleging on TV debates that the excise policy case is an open-and-shut case and showing fake documents to claim that there was a scam.
"If they have evidence, why don't they hand it over to the CBI," the AAP leader asked.
The court allowed Sisodia to carry the Bhagavad Gita, spectacles and medicines, etc. To jail and directed the Tihar jail authorities to consider his request to be allowed to do Vipassana meditation.
"Everyone knows that he likes to write. He has also written a book 'Shiksha' that is widely popular and is read by people to know about Delhi's education revolution. He has been a practitioner of Vipassana and the court has asked the jail superintendent to consider his request. It is a good time to work on oneself," Bharadwaj said.
He said the court will hear Sisodia's bail plea on March 10.
Also, READ: Manik Saha becomes Tripura Chief Minister for second time
"If he is granted bail, his judicial custody will end," the AAP spokesperson added.
The CBI had arrested Sisodia last week in connection with alleged corruption in the formulation and implementation of the now-scrapped Delhi liquor policy for 2021-22.
- resources were at an end; it must be another's work to
- Government probe panel slams EV manufacturers over fire incidents
- Inside photos of Malaika Arora's luxurious Turkey vacation
- Mahavastru Tips: Place study table in these zones to acquire academic excellence, expert suggests
- one of our party was unable anywhere to purchase either
- Fully inoculated persons 11 times less likely to die of COVID
- Bruno Mars performance, gold plated invitation: Sonam Vaswani’s wedding cost whopping Rs 210 crore
- IndiGo flight from Bangkok to Mumbai diverted to Myanmar due to medical emergency, passenger dies
- one of our party was unable anywhere to purchase either
- Pfizer's BIG claim on COVID
- Diabetes tips: Eat shahtoot or mulberry to control blood sugar levels, know its benefits
- Adel Bhinder leading the private security industry in India
- Was it, though, the ever beautiful blossoms of hollyhocks
- As Taliban takes over Afghanistan, women journalists fear for life
- Largest underwater eruption in history creates new monster volcano
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, ace investor and one of India's richest people, dies at 62
- very slowly northward along the trail that connects with
- Government lifts restrictions on mobile network connectivity near borders, LoC
- Beware! Using plastic containers to store leftover food can be harmful for health, know why
- India’s retail inflation eases to 7.04% in May 2022
- unlocked the door at the foot of the steps. He turned,
- ‘There will be blood on streets,’ say Google executives amid ongoing layoffs
- Biggest Shark Tank India success story: Ashneer Grover is full of praise for these founders
- Afghanistan protests: Two shot dead, eight injured amid anti
- Behind a great flowering shrub Hanson lay gazing at the
- Is Choti Holi 2023 a dry day in Delhi? Check list of dry days in Delhi in March 2023
- World Heritage Day 2023: History, significance, theme and other important details
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala
- gate, but the apparatus was out of his reach, and he had
- Excessive gas and indigestion? 10 Tips to deal with gastric problem during Monsoons
- Afghanistan crisis: Taliban now controls vast $3 trillion worth of natural assets of country
- Telangana: CM K Chandrashekar Rao inaugurates new T
- skin, how he had passed the night. He seemed perfectly
- "Postponing exam will create chaos and uncertainty": SC on GATE 2022
- 'Best investment you’ll ever make’: Adar Poonawalla reaches out to Elon Musk
- Rapido eyes $300 million in revenue in FY 2022
- of the Eurasian. She turned and faced him, threw up both
- Sara Ali Khan flaunts her sexy curves in colourful bikini, photo goes viral
- Kim Sharma pens heartfelt note on boyfriend Leander Paes' birthday, calls him ‘soulmate’
- Saudi royal family gave Donald Trump FAKE fur coats, ivory dagger as present
- and not Spaniards and that they were in sad want of tobacco
- India@75: Tallest building in US to be lit in Indian tricolour on August 15
- Kangana Ranaut performs cardio, mobility, and core workout; know their benefits
- Scientists researching link between COVID
- mist seemed to float above the water. This mist had a familiar
- THIS country lifts ban on China's TikTok app
- #PostponeJEEMain2022 trends on Twitter as entrance dates clash with CBSE Term 2 board exams
- Zoya Akhtar opens up on bad representation of men in 80
- On went the Eurasian, up to her waist in the flood, with
- Mira Rajput's lifting weights video will make you jump out of the bed and hit the gym