Covid reduces life expectancy in Australia: Report
The Covid-19 pandemic drove a fall in Australia`s life expectancy and a historic spike in death rates, a government report revealed on Friday. The Centre for Population report said that almost 80 per cent of Australia's Covid-19 deaths occurred in the first eight months of 2022, when the restrictions were lifted in the country, reports Xinhua news agency.
There were approximately 129,000 total deaths in Australia between January and August -- 17 per cent more than the historical average. In the first week of August alone there were 4,200 deaths -- 20 per cent higher than the historical weekly average. As a result, the life expectancy for Australians fell by 0.4 years in 2021-22 and is not expected to recover until 2023-24.
By 2033, life expectancy is forecast to reach 87 years for women and 83.5 for men. The portion of the population aged over 65 will grow from 16.8 per cent in 2020-21 to 23.1 per cent by 2061. However, the report noted that by doubling Australia`s migrant intake, the 2061 figure could be brought down to 19.9 per cent.
"Because migrants arriving in Australia are relatively young, overseas migration has helped slow Australia`s population aging amid declining fertility rates and increasing life expectancies," it said.
Liz Allen, a demographer from Australian National University (ANU), said the country was facing years of slow population growth and the report showed the impact of Covid-19.
"In the not too distant future, deaths are predicted to increase and births will decrease, which will see us more reliant on migration as an economic requirement, to ensure our workforce is sufficient," she said.
READ | Noida Police to give Rs 10 lakh for accident victim and BTech student Sweety Kumari
- she had come to believe, since otherwise he would have
- they ever had to do was re-member. Remember Who and What
- course, failure was con-fessed. Then the person was forgiven
- You won’t even have to call on them, because souls who
- (an odd red-breasted little bird, which inhabits the thick
- is that killing is possible. Your question itself, therefore,
- that a deceased loved one was in the room could be true.
- their penances, were ab-solved of their sins, and went
- could trust. To them he explained his plans and the rich
- If you have a clear understanding of what you wish to create
- Paramahansa Yogananda is an example of a person who was
- to be promulgated by the church, each rule having the power
- The wide heavens about her seemed to promise a greater
- happened, in a million different ways. All that’s left
- Now the idea of reincarnation threw a monkey wrench into
- The poorest peasant hadn’t a hope of gaining a bishop’s
- fowls, sheep, goats, pigs, horses, and cattle; the order
- to learn. That they never had anything to learn. That all
- Celebrate its beauty while it holds itself in the shape
- the physical universe—and one of those is the law of
- good old blooms of northern Europe which My Dear had so
- your values, all the while proclaiming that it is unchanging
- upward movement, the grandest de-sire of the soul, is not
- by the way, looking at your life, you’ve done a pretty
- their terrible ordeals in the untracked jungle to the south;
- hundreds of lifetimes-and continue to evolve upward. Yet
- I mean, no soul has regrets that the current physical form
- Yes. Yet when I created you, I did not create you so that
- the catacombs. Max glanced at the white face of Helen Cumberly,
- it is an illusion, and that is half the enjoyment! It is
- what they want to now experi-ence—and, in fact, both
- But if it’s “already happened,” to whom has it “happened”?
- He strove to peer about him, but the feeble ray of the
- it-self, why would it even bother returning as a human
- Then it’s true that souls could return as animals—that
- the lady was awak-ened one night by the feeling that someone
- numbers. I never saw anything more obliging and humble
- more rich soil. Thus, life begets life, and cannot know
- The church found confession to be such a good drawing card
- Do you imagine that you could say it and they not hear
- was the especial pride and joy of My Dear and Meriem. The
- It is not possible for the soul to regret such a shift.
- So then we had a setup where God would punish you for your
- It would be a mistake to assume that reincarnat-ing—returning
- To his host he explained that he was moving his safari
- be helpful there? Or is such communication even possi-ble?
- feel safe, knowing that God had heard your confession and
- or else—and along came the reincarnationists, saying:
- Indian family, who had come to trade in a canoe from Caylen,
- And not just any church. One had to attend one par-ticular