With Diwali knocking at our doors, as the festive feel rises, so is the level of pollution in the air. Rising pollution not only affects our lungs but also severely damages our skin. Here are some tips to protect your skin from the rapidly rising pollution:
Drinking plenty of water will help in flushing out toxins from your skin cells. If you can add a little mint to the water it will give better results.
Protect the skin
Before going out, always apply some sunscreen or follow a skincare regime to create layers of protection. This will protect your skin from UV-induced damage and also trap pollutants.
Scrubbing at home for a minimum of 10 seconds every day will help your skin with faster recovery from the bad effects of pollution. It is even helpful and healthier to use walnuts or rice to prepare a homemade scrub. Preparing a scrub at home will also protect your skin from the damage that chemical-based skin care products cause.
Read: Yoga for anxiety: These 5 Yoga asanas will help you deal with stress
Use face packs
After scrubbing, it is very important to use a pack to help your skin relax and for the pore to shrink. You can use raw green papaya as a pack or use chickpea flour (besan) mixed with curd (dahi). The curd even works as a natural detan for the skin.
Moisturise your skin
The pollution sucks out the moisture from our skin and leaves it dehydrated. to rejuvenate the skin, it is very important that at least at the end of the day wash properly and apply moisturiser. This will not only help to keep your skin healthy but it will also give it a glow.
- at our arrival, and said one to the other, “This is the
- in some strange way changed, as if it were lighter, more
- and went away. Sir Lucien Pyne and lady are still in Kazmah's
- Monte Irvin paused in his restless patrol and listened.
- end of the apartment. A steady stream of dirty water was
- in oils of his wife in the pierrot dress which she had
- Some quality in his brilliant smile, an oriental expressiveness
- Irvin had seen him before, his statuesque repose and the
- to have a good idea of time, was employed to strike the
- whirr of the wheels of our civilization, and they hurt
- dénouement. Did it have any intention whatever, this mob?
- Japan shall break down the rule of the tyrants, of the
- away from our tents the large circle of lookers on. An
- weirdness of his unfaltering gaze thrilled her uncannily.
- He wondered how much she really had to do with it all.
- of the death that comes with it. That's what they will
- the gunpowder was wanted for making a noise on their saint
- street lamps, and seemed to have gathered in a moving reef
- bridges are down on all sides of the city. Even if they
- “If I do not intrude,” replied the baronet, “I will
- event in this quiet retired corner of the world; and nearly
- through the police lines down by the central station. Here,
- “Tell me your dream,” came a curious mocking voice;
- As he came near the square at Toranomon, he ran into a
- without actually submerging his head, and to regain the
- dumbfounded. The Emperor! Then, as realization suddenly
- Mrs. Irvin was laboring under the influence of tremendous
- city seemed oddly quiet. He realized that it was the absence
- of three-halfpence, two fowls, one of which, the Indian
- The trio proceeded along old Bond Street. Quentin Gray
- to him that here was a chance where he might find out for
- cry; and then a long, wailing scream... horror-laden as
- the moving ray. Inhaling sibilantly, Max leaped after her.
- a croaking sound, choked, tried again, managed it. Leaning
- was evidently being kept in check by some cordon which
- almost daily that whereas formerly he had been a noted
- and the land was wooded down to the water’s edge. In
- Hugh-san, she was trying to raise her head, the voice
- the young officer had opened, eyes popping, staring as
- They would not let him pass, shrugged shoulders as he tried
- but he had not been as idle as he appeared to have been.
- 322] still the announcement, the definite irrevocableness
- to fizzle and splutter into extinction without dramatic
- The mounted men rode their horses right into the crowds;
- He divided his small following into two parties, entrusting
- fixed upon the woman's face. Moistening her lips, Mrs.
- was seated in a massive ebony chair. The figure was that
- Mrs. Irvin started, and her eyes turned instantly in the
- tables, and lifting Helen Cumberly, carried her half-way
- and you, and still I've never had the sense to tell you.